Riverwalk Parade – Dancin’ In The Streets
The Riverwalk Parade for 2018 is all about audience participation. The theme for this year is Dancin’ In The Streets! Our goal is to have people of all ages dancing up and down Main Street at noon on Saturday July 14th. We will accomplish this fun goal with three committed musical floats – one leading, one in the middle, and one at the end of the parade. (More floats with music and dancing are welcome!)
Once all the floats are in position on Main Street, the entire procession will stop and the sound systems on the three floats will simultaneously play the hit song, “Uptown Funk”, and folks from the parade – along with Secret Dancers in the crowd – will be encouraging EVERYONE to Dance in the Streets.
To further encourage parade participation we will be judging of the entries based on the theme. The top three entries will receive LOWELL BUCK$: First place – $150.00, 2nd place – $100.00, 3rd place – $75.00
Our main concern is safety for all, so here are a few things to remember:
- Semi Trucks and over sized entries, please call the Chamber for specific line-up instructions! (897-9161)
- Per the City of Lowell Police, no objects of any kind including candy, may be thrown or passed out from the parade units or from the street (i.e. flyers, candy, objects).
- You must be 16 and have a valid Drivers License to operate a motor vehicle. No reckless operation of motor vehicles will be allowed.
- Children on bikes are required to wear helmets.
- Animal Entries, please be prepared to clean up after your animals or expect to be at the end of the parade.
Parade line-up, instructions and route:
- Your Parade Number will be given out when you register.
- Parade registration begins 10:30 am.
- Parade entries are requested to report to the Registration Point at the corner of Hunt St. and Riverside Dr.
- To access the Registration Point at Hunt and Riverside Dr., approach from W. Main St., turn north on Hudson St. to Hunt St., turning east on Hunt where the Registration Point is located at the beginning of Riverside Drive
- Entries will be lined up heading south on Riverside Dr.
- Parking is available on side streets.
- Other entries will follow, proceeding south on Riverside Dr. and turning east on Main St.; turning north on Jackson St., turning east on Avery St. (Semi truck and large entries turn south on Jackson St., back to fairgrounds.)
Deadline for parade entries is Friday June 29, 2018 (application on back of letter). If you have questions, call the Chamber Office (616-897-9161).